Description of 320GB External Hard Drive
- Brand Name: Normally Intenso, Verbatim, Seagate, Western Digital, Toshiba, Sonnics
- Always a Quality Brand Name
- Hard Drive Capacity: 320GB
- Formatting Options
- Factory Formatted (Usually NTFS)
- FAT32 Formatted
- Linux EXT4 Formatted
- Note: Some Receivers Can Only Read FAT32 Formatted Drives
- Hardware Platforms
- Microsoft Windows 98/SE/ME/2000/XP/Vista/7/8/10
- Mac OS X 10.x
- Linux 2.4x
- Form Factor: 2.5"
- Interface: USB 2.0
- Hard Disk Rotational Speed: 5400 RPM
- Colour: Silver
- Maximum Reading Transfer Rate: 33 MB/s
- Maximum Writing Transfer Rate: 35.5 MB/s
- Cache: 8MB
How Much Can I Record?
- It really depends on the receiver and whether the broadcast is in standard or high definition
- Roughly speaking, it is a 4:1 ratio depending on whether recording in HD or SD
- A good rule of thumb would be
- 1GB = 1 Hour of SD (Standard Definition) Recordings
- 4GB = 1 Hour of HD (High Definition) Recordings
Features of 320GB External Hard Drive
- Plug and play — No software to install
- Simply drag and drop to save files
- USB powered
Note: You should use your hard drive only for recording features and not mix and match other content on the drive like your photos and music or documents. You should use a separate drive for the media player functions. Also, never plug out the external hard drive when your receiver is turned on.
A little about the External Hard Drive
External Hard drives are compact and perfect for on-the-go. Instantly add more storage space to your computer and take large files with you when you travel. Setup is straightforward, simply connect a single USB cable and you are ready to go.
The drive is powered from the USB cable, so there is no need for an external power supply. Plus, it is automatically recognized by Windows® operating system, so there is no software to install and nothing to configure.
Saving files is easy too, just drag-and-drop. It's not just easy to use, but it's fast and energy efficient too. Enjoy fast data transfer speed with USB 2.0 connectivity and 5400 RPM drive performance. Built-in power management ensures energy efficient operation.
Convert from NTFS to FAT32 on a PC
What if Receiver Doesn"t Detect the Drive
You plug the drive into the receiver and nothing happens, drive is not detected.
Sometimes a batch of external hard drives direct from the factory may have slightly altered formatting on them. If you plug into some receivers, they will not be detected as the receiver will see them as unformatted.
If you plug the drive into a PC, the PC will see them as formatted BUT if you run them through partitioning software, it will actually see them as unformatted.
Just do a quick format of the drive on a PC or laptop, make it NTFS or FAT32 depending what version of operating system will allow.
- With drive plugged into PC, go to my computer, right click on the intenso drive (will probably be the e: or f: drive) and click on format
- Select either FAT32 ot NTFS from dropdown list
- Tick the box marked "quick format"
- Click on start
This will format the drive correctly. Safely remove the drive from the PC or laptop either using the remove safely icon in the bottom right of computer screen or power off the PC or laptop.
Once you connect the drive to the receiver after this, it will be detected no problems and will function normally.
We aim to provide a fast, reliable & low cost delivery service
- Standard Courier With Fastway (Within 3 Working Days)
- Cost is €3.95 on Orders Below €100
- Free Delivery on Orders Above €100
- Express Courier
- With Fastway: Cost is €6.50 (or €2.50 extra if you qualify for free standard shipping)
- With DPD: Cost is €8.50 (or €4.50 extra if you qualify for free standard shipping)
- This service guarantees that any order placed before 4.30pm will ship from our depot that same day on the next day delivery service*
- An Post
- Cost is €1.95 (P & P)
- Available only on selected products with the An Post logo
- Small Parcels
- Cost is €2.95
- Available only on products with the small parcels logo**
- Great Britain
- Cost is €7.50
- Western Europe
- Cost is €10
- Belgium, France, Germany, Holland, Italy, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Spain, Portugal etc
- Rest of Europe
- Cost is €20
- Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Iceland, Malta, Slovenia, Switzerland, Norway, Sweden, Finland etc
- Rest of World
- Cost is €30
- Please contact us before purchasing to confirm
- All shipping fee prices listed are ex-VAT @23%
- Irish shipping rates apply to the whole Island (North & South)
- Shipping fee is fixed for an order, regardless of the number of items bought
- All courier orders require signed proof of delivery and the customer must be contactable by phone
- We do not offer a weekend delivery service (Mon-Fri only excluding bank holidays)
- *Our courier achieves a 98% success rate on next day deliveries
- ** Applies to island of Ireland only (North & South)
- Heavy or Large Parcels (Applies only to Non Irish or UK customers): It may be necessary to charge higher shipping fees / offer option to cancel order